What is the cause for irritation in eyes?

i am having irritation in my eyes from last few days. have started pouring ciplox eye drop since yesterday, but not getting relief
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It can be allergic conjunctivitis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to health care magic Iam Dr. DADAPEER K an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that you are having irritation of eyes since few days and you are using ciplox eye drops since yesterday without any relief. Ciplox eye drops is an antibiotic eye drops and this will act in cases of infective causes like bacterial conjunctivitis. Since you are having irritation, the cause in your case may be allergic conjunctivitis. This requires treatment by antiallergic eye drops. Hence I advice you to start using antiallergic eye drops along with ciplox eye drops. And do consult your eye doctor for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment accordingly. If possible do send me a photograph of the affected eye so that I can advice you more accurately. Hope the information is helpful to you. With regards Dr. Dadapeer K
Follow-up: What is the cause for irritation in eyes? 1 minute later
thanks a lot sir, can you please suggest any anti allergic eye drop
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can use antihistamine eye drops. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up. Allergic conjunctivitis requires treatment by avoiding the allergen if it is known like smoke, dust....... For medical treatment I usually prefer antihistamine eye drops like olopatadine eye drops one drop two times a day. For acute relief from allergic symptoms I use vasoconstrictor eye drops lime naphazoline eye drops three to four times a day. You can start using these eye drops, however since these drops require prescription and confirmation of diagnosis do consult your eye doctor. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you