What is the cause for hamstring pain and radiating burning sensation in buttock?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
2 months ago I accidentally did a full split both legs shooting out sideways crotch completely hitting floor. pain in Left hamstings when sitting outer muscle on buttock burns mildly radiates through hamstring to knee and to upper buttock. tender to touch is the muscle below the outer mascle
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: possibility of partial rupture of hamstring tendon Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your history of injury while doing exercises there is possibility of partial rupture of hamstring tendon or muscle. I will advise you to do Ultrasonography and if required MRI. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and matrix therapy will give quick healing of tissue. If tear is significant surgical repair may be required. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.