What is the cause for frequently getting headache?

Nov 2013

hello Dr XXXXXXX i am XXXXX I oftern get headache, the pain is very severe that i feel like banging my head & without my knowledge i will raise my tempre because of the pain
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 41 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, I have noted that you have very frequent headaches, which are quite severe too. The most likely cause of your headaches could be migraine. In this condition, headaches can occur on one or both sides of head, lasting for more than four hours. There may be nausea or vomiting, and headaches become more, when exposed to sunlight or noise. You require preventive migraine medications such as flunarizine, beta blockers or topiramate. These would reduce the severity and frequency of headaches. In addition, for the relief of headaches, you can take rizatriptan tablets. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India