What is the cause for experiencing vagina and facial flushing accompanied by warm sensations in upper arms?

my mother has this hot feeling in her chest accompanied by warm sensations in the upper arms and the vagina and facial flushing but no pain. it feels like heartburn but not in the stomach area. this has happened twice. both times at night. what does this sound like?
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seems to be menopausal symptoms. Get ECG and Eval. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. You have not mentioned your mother's age and any other medical history. Still, i ll try to cover all possibilities in my answer. If your mother has reached menopause , Hot flushes , warm sensations can be because of "Menopausal Symptoms" Its not a disease, its just a body's response to menopause. Irritability, sweating, feeling oh hotness all over the body, restlessness may be the other symptoms. This is a natural phenomenon that most women experiences when they reach menopause. Since she has a heart burn, i would like to evaluate her for Heart Diseases. I would like to know, if she has any pre-existing disease like hypertension, Diabetes. Is she obese? Or does she has any family history of heart disease? I Suggest you to be sure, so get her to a doctor, get her examined, get her ECG done. That will give most of the idea. I also advise you to get her all routine investigations done like haemogram, Kidney function tests, Liver function tests, Lipid Profile, so that if any abnormality , that can be treated.