What is the cause for experiencing heat in upper right side body while on percocet?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
my husband has "heat" in the upper right side of the body and he gets weak. We have gone to different doctors and they do not know what it is. The only thing that takes it away IS PERCOCET. WHAT IS CAUSING THIS?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to diabetes. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The feeling of heat and weakness on one side of the body can be due to peripheral neuropathy that happens due to long standing Diabetes. Anxiety and panic attacks can also cause such sensations. Other causes include injury to the back or spinal cord, Lack of blood supply as a result of plaque formation in the blood vessels, stroke, multiple sclerosis and underactive thyroid. Abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in the body and a lack of vitamin B12 can also cause these symptoms. Firstly, I’ll request you to get your thyroid hormones levels and vitamin B 12 levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms improve. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL