What is the cause for delay in periods after having unprotected sex?

Mar 2016

missed my periods 15 days now... 1 hCG (6th Dec <0.1) and 4 HPT (last one on 14th Dec morning) tests negative and no signs of period yet..had unprotected sex only once (19th Nov, last period date 28th Oct) on the 21st day from my period cycle's 1st day. Expected period dates was 26th Nov 2013.
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: NEED TO INDUCE PERIOD WITH HORMONAL PILL. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. According to your given information, you did unprotected sex on safe period and pregnancy is ruled out by home pregnancy test and blood test. Some underlying causes of missed period could be hormonal imbalance, mental stress or depression, using emergency pill, over weight, pelvic infection, ovarian cyst or PCOD etc. One pelvic ultrasound scan and hormone test will be worthwhile to pinpoint the diagnosis. Here, you need to take progesterone pill (like Norethisterone etc) to induce period. Kindly, procure a complete prescription from your gynecologist after clinical evaluation. In the mean time, you would take healthy diet with IRON supplements, keep bowel habit regular, drink more water, control body weight, avoid stress by regular yoga or meditation and take sound sleep. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW