What is the cause for crawling sensation in anal canal and pain in rectal area?

Hello. I've been experiencing pain in my retail area. Itching and burning, and bright red blood when I wipe sometime. It sometimes feels like something is in my anal canal. Also itching inside my buttocks, and it feels like something is crawling or leaking out.
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I read your query and understood your concern. From what you are describing I would recommend to consult a proctologist (a gastroenterologist or surgeon specialized in rectal disease). Also you should do the following examinations in order to define the causes of your condition. - Abdominal ultrasound. - Collonoscopy - Stool culture and sensitivity - Stool blood test - Stool ova and parazites. Meanwhile i Suggest to avoid constipation (that will probably worsen your condition) using: - plenty of water (2-3 L per day) - foods reach in fibers like fruits and vegetables - increase your physical activity - packet of fibers - avoid stress as it possible -if it is not enough you can use lactulose. Hope i answered to your query. If you have other concerns , feel free and ask me. Dr.Benard