What is the cause for constant ringing in ears, pain and stiffness in arms and fingers?

May 2014

thank you, I was hit by a car last month, ct and xray were normal in November, I have done therapy and still having much pain and stiffness I do have numbness in my arm and middle 3 fingers, and now I have a constant ringing in my ear, I checked my blood pressure and it was fine. I had a fusion between c4 and c5 6 years ago and have had no problems since, at least until the accident the van backed into me going about 20mph and left a XXXXXXX dent, threw me about 15 to 20 feet and could not get up everything was locked up and I couldn't move
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing in to us. I have read through your query in detail. Sorry to hear about your car accident and associated problems. I understand CT scan of brain was normal for you and that indicates no significant head injury, though you might have had a concussion or mild brain injury which might leave you with slight pain and ringing in the ear. The ringing in the ear can also be due to mild injury to inner ear structures due to your injury. This might resolve with time, however if it is getting severe each day, please consult an Ear surgeon who might perform few tests to confirm vertigo and provide treatment. Your fall sounds a terrible one and nerves in your cervical spine might have got disturbed due to injury. As u have said that there has been cervical spine fusion done on you at levels C5, C6 and C7, there is a possibility of the nerve roots getting compressed. This needs to be discussed with you neuro surgeon who will examine the nerves from your neck through the hand to make a confirmatory diagnosis. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have any doubts. Regards, Dr.Vivek