What is the cause for chest tightness and burning in rib cage area?

I have discomfort in my upper abdominal area and under my ribs. I have had all the tests ran on my heart and gall bladder and everything is in great working order. After eating i have a bloated feeling and pressure in stomach. I have been taking 2 tagamet 150 daily and no help there. It started out as chest tightness and burning in ribcage area but has moved to mainly to the stomach area. Twice I have had really intense pain in the upper right area of abdomen and visited the emergency room. That's when all the tests were ran but nothing turned up. This has been going on about 6 months.
Posted Mon, 16 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possibility of acid peptic disease Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Bloating feeling after consumption of food is likely to be due to acid peptic disease and possibility of associated hiatus hernia to be considered. I suggest you to get an Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy done, which will rule out acid peptic disease. Apart from this I would suggest you following modifications 1. Consume frequent small meals 2. Avoid Spicy/oily/fried foods 3. Consume plenty of water- 2to 3 liter per day 4. Consume diet rich is fiber with serving of fruits especially citrus fruits. 5. Do not skip meals I hope I have answered your query Do get back to me if you have any other query Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS MD