What is the cause for burning sensation in my nose?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I'm getting concerned cause it never goes away. My nose burns (not painful) just a burning sensation and lower back like where the tailbone is burns also (again not painful and not accompained with any skin outbreaks ever). Feels like it through the nerves-any theories? XXXX
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be due to lisinopril Detailed Answer: Hi. Gone through your history and the medication you are taking. Does the burning sensation start with the start of lisinopril? This drug is known to cause such sensations. Many of such side effects usually wear off with time. I would advise you to have consultation with your treating Doctor to discuss this and see if He can change to other medicine if He feels so. Your symptoms do not look like any Nerve problems.
Follow-up: What is the cause for burning sensation in my nose? 26 minutes later
Only been on lisinopril for 4 months... The burning sensation has been since 2008.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Neuralgia of unknown origin Detailed Answer: Hi. Alright, this means lisinopril has nothing to with your problem. Are there any associated symptoms other than burning? Are there any aggravating or relieving factors? Both the parts you mentioned have no connections as such. Many times some neuralgia ( pain due to inherent problem in the small nerves itself) have no specific reasons. They can occur on its own and just are irritating. Sometimes the relief can be get from some medicines like Amitryptiline in a mild doses for which you need a prescription from a Doctor. Methylcobalamin can also help. You can try local application of hot or cold to see the results. A consultation with Neurologist can help diagnosis and alleviation of this problem.