What is the cause for burning sensation and redness in the area between my balls and inner thigh?

between my balls and my inner thigh. Were their is a crease it is very red and the skin is getting worn off. Small burning sensation that comes and goes. what does this mean?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Jock itch Detailed Answer: Hi, That is termed Jock itch. It is because of excessive moisture in the area. I suggest you to use dusting powder of Clotrimazole. Keep the area very dry. That means after your shower and once in the noon and in the evening try to rub the area with dry cloth to absorb moisture plus dust with over the counter clotrimazole powder. If this is not available simple talcum powder can help initially. Hope this helps.
Follow-up: What is the cause for burning sensation and redness in the area between my balls and inner thigh? 2 minutes later
Do you know how long it will take for it to go away? I run track it hurts when i run.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: two to four days Detailed Answer: Hi It takes 2 to 4 days for healing. It is better to avoid the movements that hurts till it heals. Avoid undergarments when not necessary especially at nights. Let the area be air dried.