What is the cause for blood in urine and elevation in liver enzymes?

on and off for the last year lab results say there is blood in my urine and and my liver ensymes are up. I had a stomach infection between this and and a colonoscomy and that was fine. Saw dr a two weeks ago and saw blood in urine and liver ensyes up. Going to see urologist in a week. What could be wrong? Dr told me to not drink at all. I do drink red wine but I don't think enough to cause problem? XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please foloow the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX According to your medical history, the blood in urine could indicate the laceration of urinary tract from the stones or infection that should properly treated. Your liver enzymes could be high because of: - alcohol consuming - common viral infection. However, I'd suggest to do further tests to evaluate your situation: - serological tests for hepatitis B and C( anti-HCV and Hbs Ag) - abdominal ultrasound I also would like to know the reason why you had hysterectomy (the diagnosis) and the reason of having your gallbladder out? Thank you! Dr.Klerida
Follow-up: What is the cause for blood in urine and elevation in liver enzymes? 48 minutes later
Dr. Klerida, Hysterecomy when I was 32 endrometrosis very bad.. Gallbladder had sludge and infection at that time I couldn't hold down food. I also have gained weight and feel very bloated and have had flank pain in lower back. Somehow I thought it might be a stone. thankyou very much! XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below... Detailed Answer: Hi, Gaining weight and feeling bloated could be related to hysterectomy. Flank pain in the lower back could be related to urinary problems, including infection. So, I'd suggest to run the urine analysis and abdominal ultrasound and to start taking antibiotics, urine pH regulators and uva-ursi and cranberry supplements. With regards to high liver enzymes, I'd suggest to take supplements containing vitamin E and to run other tests as directed by your GI specialist. All the best! Dr.Klerida