What is the cause for bleeding from eye socket?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Thursay morning I awakened with bleeding from my eye socket. Rather substantial amount perhaps a tablespoon, Went to retinologist at Joslin C linic, Boston and after thorough exam he said the blood was not emanating from the eyeball which, by the way, has a very dense cataract.. Yesterday morning awoke with blood from eye socket again, but reduced greatly in amount. Last night, about 7:30 P_M , eye started to bleed slightly again from, I believe, the socket and not the eyeball. I am borderline diabetic and, coincidentally, suffer fro Addison's disease as did President XXXXXXX F. XXXXXXX I take 250 MG of Keppra twice daily. .1 mg ofFludrocotisone and 5 mg of Prednisone, both for Addison's (Adrenal insufficiency). 26 mg of Amlodopine and 75 mg of Metoprolol for Blood Pressure, 5 mg of Coumadin (warfarin) for XXXXXXX s. Calsium and vitamin D (twice a day.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, I have read your medical history and could say that there are many cause of eye bleeding in your case: - high blood pressure. Although you say that your bp is well-controlled, I'd suggest to monitor your bp - Warfarin. It can inhibit the normal clotting of the blood. Sometimes, when you sneeze or cough (in extreme cases), the blood vessels can disrupt and blood takes time to clot. - cataracts or glaucoma which might be aggravated by cortisonics use. - diabetes, especially associated with retina problems. At the end, I suggest to discuss with your ophthalmologist to further evaluate your eye condition and reconsider the use of the medications you are taking. Hope it answered to your inquiries! Feel free to ask me again at the next follow up if you have more questions! Dr.Bardha