What is the cause for abdominal pain and bloating after meals?

when i lie on my stomach, then get up, I feel something shift in my abdomen and I experience horrible bloating, especially after eating. Is there something structurally wrong?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The symptoms you have could probably be due to gaseous abdomen.I do not suspect any seriousness here.The intestines with air fluid pockets may shift giving a sense of the organ shifting.None of the other intra abdominal organs do shift more with change in the position except the intestines and the stomach to some extent as all the other are fixed firmly to the adjacent structures with ligaments/fibrous bands.

Bloating supports the above cause of your problem.Need not worry . Avoid consuming food on irregular timings and take Syp Gelusil twice daily after food.
Avoid spicy foods.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.