What is the cause and treatment of dropping of eyes?

I have found methy acrylic acid in my wax after waxing my eyes brown. My skin got burn and my eyes sore. I had to see dermatologist and opthamologist, but my eyes brown muscle have been dropping make my eyes look smaller than it used to be. does acid cause my eyes 's muscle dropping?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
My Dear, Thanks for sending your query to us. Methyl salicylate can effect the skin and some of it,when applied near rhe eye can effect the outer most layers of the eye leading to a form of chemical conjunctivitis. As far as the effect on eye brow muscles is concerned,the effect ,if thre is trasitory,lasting not beyond 24hours. The compound is also present in various pain killers. The drooping if you are having will go awaywith time,this may have been due to nerve irritation,and is transitory. Do get back to me in case of further query in this regard.