What is the cause and treatment for white discharge from breast causing pain from breast to back?

Oncologist
Question
Am 34 with a six year old daughter. I have clear white discharge from my right breast when I squeeze. I squeeze because I have very sharp pain from that breast to my back. It's been on for like 3 yrs now but is getting worse. What is the cause and what do I do as my doctor hasn't helped.
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer to surgeon Detailed Answer: I would recommend that you consider seeing a surgeon who specializes in breast issues. It would be beneficial for you to see this individual physician. He can send some of the fluid for analysis by a pathologist. If the fluid is normal he might be able to perform a small procedure which will alleviate the discomfort. Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns. Dr. Galamaga

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for white discharge from breast causing pain from breast to back? 22 minutes later
I live in Africa and would be leaving the uk tomorrow. Can't send samples. Are there no possible temporary solutions to ease the pain pending when I come visiting again.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Ibuprofen Detailed Answer: You might consider trying ibuprofen 600 mg every eight hours. This might help. Also warm compresses and warm soaks in a bath might also help. please have this evaluated by a surgeon when you are able

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for white discharge from breast causing pain from breast to back? 5 hours later
Thank you doc. Can you recommend any surgeon that deal with breast issues in Nigeria as am not aware of any. So I can follow up with him.

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 hours later
Brief Answer: General Detailed Answer: honestly any good well trained general surgeon should be able to help you address this issue. This is something which most general surgeons receive training In during residency and apprenticeship. i'm sorry that I cannot provided direct name of a surgeon in Nigeria at this time as I am currently located in the United States. If you do need help we could potentially have your request forward it to one of the physicians who may be based in York region to help you with more guidance. Please let me know and I can forward your concern to the administrators of the website. It may require a particular follow-up concern directed at another physician however.