What is the cause and treatment for swollen toes with blister between?

My foot was itchy and burning. Thought it was athletes foot picked up from hotel as I'm on vacation. Now two middle toes are swelling I have white blisters between my second and third toes. That is where the swelling is
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NSAID + serratiopeptidase. Povidine iodine.consult Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX I went through the query and understood your concern. Since the toes are swollen with blister between toes, this suggests inflammation.The cause may be due to bacterial or fungal infection ordue to infestation. So needs examination once for its management. For now you can take NSAID like ibuprofen with serratiopeptidase. This will take care of pain, inflammation and swelling. Need to clean the area with povidine iodine for 4-5 times a day. This will help you. Hope this information will help you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to help you. wish you faster recovery and good health. Regards
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for swollen toes with blister between? 18 hours later
Thank you for the advice. I received an antibiotic for the infection and a topical cream for the athletes foot. How long does it take for the antibiotics to begin to relieve the pain and inflammation from the infection?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 24 hours later
Brief Answer: starts in an hour. Detailed Answer: Hi. thanks for the followup. The response to the oral drugs will start after 2-3 hours of time, but it depends on the bacterial response. The inflammatory features will start to subside with in an hour of its (antibiotic) effect. The complete remession will happen in 3-5 days depending on antibiotic response. Hope this hope this helps you. regards