What is the cause and treatment for stiffness in stomach and nausea in the morning?

Apr 2014

From last few days I was feeling stiffness in stomach and when I used to wakeup in morning I was feeling meal upto my throat. I had vomit in morning. dont have any pain in abdomen but little stiffness. I came office now what should I do any remedies?? should I take rest??
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably you are suffering from acidity. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX No,you don't need rest. Your problem is most likely due to acidity. You can take combination tablet of Pantoprazole 40 mg and domperidone 10 mg twice daily half hour before food for 2 weeks.If symptoms improve then it can be tappered to once daily for four more weeks. You also need few investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,Upper GI endoscopy.Further investigations can be done if needed. You should take meals at regular intervals.Avoid hot food. Avoid smoking and alcohol if you take these things and don't take stress. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX