What is the cause and treatment for small itchy lumps outside outer labia?

Small itchy lumps outside both of my outer labia. It has been there since long time. But recently the itchiness increased on on right side lumps. It stops itching when I clean it with hot salted water. Please advise. I am 28 years old , 45 kg and married.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Genital Warts. No cure. Laser or Freezing therapy Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These are Genital Warts. They are contagious and caused by genital human papilloma virus (HPV). They usually are not painful, although they may cause bleeding, and itching. This viral infection is the most common sexually transmitted infection. There is no "cure" for HPV infection, although in most women the infection goes away on its own. Instead, treatment is aimed at removing uncomfortable growths, reducing the number of viral particles, and, perhaps, stimulating the immune response to help control the infection. We recommend to remove the warts with laser therapy or by freezing or applying chemicals. Important thing is that Cervical cancer is also caused by various strains Human Papilloma virus. Thus you need to rule out these by Complete Pelvic examination and Pap Smear. Further as you have genital warts, it is important to get annual checkups to screen for cancer. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.