What is the cause and treatment for small itchy lumps outside outer labia?
User rating for this question
Small itchy lumps outside both of my outer labia. It has been there since long time. But recently the itchiness increased on on right side lumps. It stops itching when I clean it with hot salted water. Please advise. I am 28 years old , 45 kg and married.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Genital Warts. No cure. Laser or Freezing therapy Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These are Genital Warts. They are contagious and caused by genital human papilloma virus (HPV). They usually are not painful, although they may cause bleeding, and itching. This viral infection is the most common sexually transmitted infection. There is no "cure" for HPV infection, although in most women the infection goes away on its own. Instead, treatment is aimed at removing uncomfortable growths, reducing the number of viral particles, and, perhaps, stimulating the immune response to help control the infection. We recommend to remove the warts with laser therapy or by freezing or applying chemicals. Important thing is that Cervical cancer is also caused by various strains Human Papilloma virus. Thus you need to rule out these by Complete Pelvic examination and Pap Smear. Further as you have genital warts, it is important to get annual checkups to screen for cancer. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Can i take evolence for crow's feet ?
- Lump on labia after laser treatment
- Painful lump in labia minora treatment
- Sweating itchy labia bumps on labia cause and treatment
- What is the treatment for labia minora
- What are oxyelite pro side effects cause itching
- Femilon side effects causes infertility
- Can i take diamox sequels for edema?
- Can i take trianex for aphthous ulcer?
- Will promethazine dm treat hay fever?
- Can doxy 100 cure cat scratch fever ?
- Does mastrubuting daily thrice causes harm
- Formaldehyde cause elevated liver enzymes
- Suggest treatment to remove small bump on outer labia
- Human papillomavirus cause elevated liver enzymes