What is the cause and treatment for scabies?

Red itchy bumps 8 -10 on my scrotum skin Itching in armpit and waist line and thighs and buttocks no puss or water emits Get relief after application of diprovate n Itching increases in evening
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: permethrin Detailed Answer: Hello Your symptoms suggest of scabies. It is an infection caused by mite. I prescribe permethrin lotion to my patients and they get good relief with it. Please don't apply diprovate. It is a strong steroid and may harm you. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for scabies? 54 minutes later
Do I need to treat my kids and wife as well though they do not have any symptomps
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes they should be treated Detailed Answer: Hello Yes they must be treated, else the infection will spread from you to them. Also take care to wash all clothes and linen in hot water, so as to eradicate mite. Thank you