What is the cause and treatment for psychogenic erection dysfunction?

Jun 2014

I am 37 married my wife is 39 we r trying for a child now I work oustation so will come back after 1 year today is the last day for her to have sex after her periods but mr penis is not standing how will I make it stand 2days also my penis was not stading help me please is there any medecine I can take to make my penis stand so that I can have sex on the first day from the 3 days we had sex only once but I have to have sex all the 3 days because the eg has raptured in my wife and today is yhe last day for sex
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Sexual Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Psychogenic ED Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this problem. I think, you have psychogenic erection dysfunction. It happens in number of patients. After premature ejaculation, this is the second most common sexual dysfunction in male. First of all, i want to tell about the basic mechanism that lead good erection. It include sexual thoughts, hormone and good penial circulation. When a person has sexual thoughts in mind, that lead to release of some hormone or chemical in body that increase circulation in penis. This lead to complete erection in penis. In absence of any of one, erection would be incomplete. In your case, i think, lack of erection may be due to underline anxiety, it is also called performance anxiety. Due to anxiety, you did not get proper erection. Remember one thing, sex depends upon sexual thoughts. If you do not maintain sexual thoughts, you would not get desire erection. Just follow few steps.. 1. Increase duration of foreplay. That would increase sexual urge and duration of sex. (Foreplay is also part of sex. Do not under estimate it.) 2. Try to do sex in different position like female on top, lateral position. That would help you to decrease your attention towards erection. In female on top position, your partner would help to seduce you. This variation in position would motivate both of you for sex. 3. Try to do sex in different location at home like while bathing or other location. Sometime people become anxious at particular time. That would help you decrease anxiety. 4. Can also try some drugs like tadalafil after consultation of psychiatrist, that would help you to get erection for longer period, but remember sex does not depend upon drugs. It is a pleasure that you can get any time and any where. You just need thoughts rather than drugs. Chances of getting pregnancy in maximum between 8th to 22nd days of menses, so plan sex according to these day. Ovulation occur at 14th day and viability of sperm and ovum is for 24 to 72 hours. If you do sex nearby ovulation day, chances of pregnancy would be maximum. In case, you need further help, you can ask. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for psychogenic erection dysfunction? 13 hours later
we had sex only once in that 72 hours but if I do after that is there any chances of getting pregant
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Menses cycle Detailed Answer: HI Tell me the exact date of her menses. If would be better if you can list the last 3-4 months period dates. I could tell you about chances of getting her pregnant then. Chances are maximum during ovulation period. Try to do sex near by 14th day of menses, rest depends whether her menses are regular or not. Regards Dr. Abhishek Kapoor Psychiatrist