What is the cause and treatment for persistant body aches and muscle aches?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have had body aches and muscle aches since Christmas day. My body temperature is normally 98.6, but has fluctuated between 96.2 and 97.4 for all this time. I tire easily, am unable to perform normal activities without becoming excessively tired. (Bowling league was a joke!)
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Painkiller for body aches Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Body aches and muscle aches with near normal body temperature rules out viral or bacterial cause for infection. Is there any history of fall or trauma? If not this may be a prodromal stage of viral illness. You can take a painkiller for the pains. I usually prescribe Diclofenac sodium 50 mg three times a day.for body aches. You can consult your local doctor for the pain killer. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal