What is the cause and treatment for pain on left side of crook of left arm?

Excellent

Question
Shooting or, stabbing pain left side of crook of left arm just to the left of where blood is drawn. Woke up this way, stopped and came back 2 hrs later. It has happened before but not to this extent. Burping seems to make it go away. Non-smoker/drinker, 5'10" 250 but have lost 40lbs in last 6 mos. Lotrel 5-40 in am but cut in half to alleviate dizziness since losing weight. Xanax for 10 yrs. but weened off from May-Nov. EKG 2 yrs ago fine, BP after "incident" 130/85.
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Medial epicondylitis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Based on the description of the pain you have have, I suspect you to have Medial epicondylitis. This usually occurs due to faulty sleeping position when the pain is experienced in the mornings. This is not serious applying pain killer Diclofenac gel would treat the condition and help you get rid of it. I do not think burping is related to the pain you have in the arm. Regards,

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for pain on left side of crook of left arm? 7 minutes later
ER tells me it's neurological, referred to neurologist however no specific condition was labeled. Thank you for your input, I will keep it under advisement. The pain is not limited to the morning, Just happened to be quite extreme this am...

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult an orthopedician Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Do consult an Orthopedician, he after hands on examination could be able to rule out Medial epicondylitis. Also its good to go for imaging studies to rule out bone or soft tissue pathology in the affected part. Wish you good health. regards,

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for pain on left side of crook of left arm? 12 minutes later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome Detailed Answer: Thanks for using this service. Regards,