What is the cause and treatment for loose stool leading to fatigue?

Hello Sir/Madame, From the past 4-6 months I am feeling energyless and fatigue even though I eat food. This happens at any time of day. Also, I had lot of gas formation in stomach and have to use rest room multiple times in a day (loose stools). Earlier when this happened, I also used to sweat profusely, nausea and was in collapsing condition multiple times. I was admitted to ER and they did all kinds of tests (brain, ECG, blood etc) and they were all normal. At that time, they gave me glucose through IV and then after 30 min I was feeling normal. I visited an internal medicine doc after that, and he said I may be stressed. Then, one day morning, I had nausea, burps, sweating and lose stools, and I had to visit Urgent Care again and the physician diagnosed Gastritis and stomach irritation. I have taken medicines for a week now and my stools are normal, but have bad breath and still feeling extreme fatigue and energyless. These symptoms are repeating regularly and frustrating me as I don't know why this is happening. Please advice.
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your medical history and understood your concern. With regards to loose stool, it could be related to any infection in your bowels. Therefore, I suggest to run some lab tests to identify the right cause: - do examination of stool for ova/parasites - do culture of feces for candida/bacteria/virusis - colonoscopy - abdominal ultrasound You are saying to be sweating and having fatigue. I could be related to: - possible malnutrition (lack of appetite, frequent defecation, loose stool) - hypoglycemia attack I'd suggest to: - measure blood sugar at the moment of the attack - have regular meals - avoid eating kiwi, beans, or other foods that make your symptoms worst - have banana, yogurt - take probiotics to optimize intestinal flora - drink more water - take o.r.s to stabilize blood electrolytes - take tasectan for diarrhea Once the results of your tests are in, you can discuss the best treatment for you. All the best! Dr.Klerida