What is the cause and treatment for leg pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My pain is invoked when I go up stairs leading with my left leg. It also hurts when I exit the car leading with my left leg where my thigh meets my buttocks, and I must lift my body from the seat of the car with my left leg. I also have sciatic pain down to my feet. I have had dr and MRI l5 s1 or sacroiliac joint problem. It is muscular but which one and how do I fix it. The pain is excruciating when I lie down on my back. Must sleep on right side with pillows between legs. It's now been four months. Walking feels better after the first mile...but I pay for it at night.i need to get rid of this. What do I do?The pain is almost under my tail bone but on my leg. can the gamellus strain cause sciatic pain. Had methylene prednisolone which was heaven...pain free for two days...had lidocaine shots all over the butt. I am taking flexeril 10 mg at night plus 600 mg of ibuprophen
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Explained below Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Your MRI says no disc but there can be possibility of lumbar canal stenosis or facet arthropathy which may also lead to similar pain. Epidural steroid shots remains a good option, which can be repeated again though you have taken in past. Till time you can take analgesic[ibuprofen and flexeril] and neurotropic like pregabalin medication can be started consulting your doctor. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give temporary relief. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Pain is also radiating due to weak knee ligament. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.