What is the cause and treatment for itching common in knuckle and armpit area and secrete some liquid?

I am itchy all over and my doctor doesn't know what it could be. it started like 3 months ago. also my teeth hurt. but for the itchiness they gave me hydroxyzine. the itchiness is sometimes worse in the armpit and knucle areas, but not limited to those areas. also my body is secreting some type of strange liquid where it is itchy. doctor did blood test, all seems normal. please help
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of scabies Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The fact that the itching is more common in knuckle and armpit area and secrete some liquid on itching suggest that it could be scabies infection. In scabies ivermectin is a good drug and locally benzyl benzoate can be apllied all over body before bathing. The other possibility is fungal infection which will require oral fluconazole and local ketoconazole application. For symptomatic relief in itching you may take cetrizine or hydroxyzine that you are already taking. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for itching common in knuckle and armpit area and secrete some liquid? 48 minutes later
I looked up scabies on the internet and I do not have the rash, I am not scratching till I have scars, I am sure it is not scabies. anything else it could be? You selected skin rash, but there is absolutely no rash. it is simply itching. and some liquid not thick like pus, more like sweat, but it isn't sweat and it itches. comes out of my pores, but no rash ... you spoke about a funal infection. would that make the whole body itch? I've heard of foot fungus, but the whole body? I forgot to mention that my teeth/ gums hurt and I know it's not cavities (I went to the dentist) and they started when the itching happened... now I looked up all types of fungal infections (skin, which is what I assume you meant)... and all of them show something on the skin. again, there is no rash whatsoever, it is just extreme itching, even with the hydroxyzine... do u have any other insight on what it would be? also most of the itching = at ankles, sometimes leg, sometimes arms... sometimes face. sometimes eyebrows, sometimes scalp, sometimes ears, ... as soon as I stop scratching one place it itches in another. I hope u can help, or refer me to someone who can. thanks in advance.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Cetrizine or fexofenadine Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up question. If hydroxyzine is not helping you then the other two options that you can try for itching are 1. Cetrizine 2. Fexofanidine Both of them are non sedating anti allergy drugs and should be good for such generalized itching. You can discuss these two options with your GP who can provide you with a prescription for the same. Hope that was helpful Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for itching common in knuckle and armpit area and secrete some liquid? 18 minutes later
I looked up hives and it always says you see it on skin (raised skin, etc.)... I don't have any rash at all only itchiness and teeth/gums that hurt.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Not necessarily Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Its not necessary that there has to be rashes for the allergic illness. Manytimes allergy can occur without rashes as well. If your itching responds to any of the stated medicines then it is an indirect evidence that histamine is involved. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD