What is the cause and treatment for high BP after exercise?

I m 76 yrs. I was normotensive last yr when I started doing 100 push ups alternate days as exercise. Now my BP is 160 / 80. I ve stopped push ups resumed walking. Please advise. My email YYYY@YYYY .
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: See doctor / start tratment Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic It is good that you stopped isometric exercise Regular aerobic exercise is OK The range is 90 to 140 for the upper figure (Systolic). 160 is high and needs follow up and treatment. The range is 60 to 90 for the lower figure (Diastolic). 80 is good Check it again. Start treatment. The aim is to prevent long term complications. See your doctor. Have basic investigations like ECG / Lab - electrolytes, kidney function, Lipids… Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless