What is the cause and treatment for hicups and acid reflux?
User rating for this question
I have continuous hic ups and reflux on very regular occasions and even when I am sleeping. I am taking Solox and motilium which was prescribed after a gastroscophy which found nothing of concern?
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Symptoms are suggestive of GERD Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. The symptoms are suggestive of either * Gastro-esophageal-reflux-disease (GERD) due to hyperacidity (aspirin- induced), along with a bacterial infection (H.pylori) * hiatus hernia (a condition in which a part of the stomach protrudes into the esophagus, thereby rendering the lower sphincter of food pipe ineffective. You have not mentioned if breath test for H.pylori was done. Non-diagnostic Gastroscopic findings indicate that you have Non-Ulcer dyspepsia (symptoms without stomach ulcers). The treatment for all possibilities mentioned above, is the same (as given below) A 2-weeks' course of anti-H.pylori therapy+ Probiotic such as, Lactobacilli; followed by (with effect from Day 15), 3-6 months' course of anti-acid drug (such as Rabeprazole or Lansoprazole) plus Probiotic and digestive enzymes, will cure your problem. Continue with Motilium or switch over to an alternative drug, such as, Metoclopramide. You should however, consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order required tests (breath test for H.pylori), if not already done). Based on the reports, he will prescribe the advised curative treatment in appropriate doses. Fond regards, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
People also viewed
- Is chest pain a side effect of plavix?
- Hiatus hernia and vomiting
- Is dark urine a side effect of prozac?
- Sliding hiatal hernia treatment
- What are the side effects of orlistat?
- Pain with hiatus hernia
- Is bloating a side effect of prezista?
- What is the best treatment for acid reflux
- Sliding hiatus hernia pain
- What causes acid reflux disease
- What is the treatment for acid reflux and constipation
- What is the cause and treatment for acid reflux
- Is dark urine a side effect of pepcid?
- What can cause acid reflux
- Treatment for hypersensitivity pneumonitis