What is the cause and treatment for follicular hyperkeratosis?

Hi, Pl check the pics that I have attached of my arms, I have these spots from the last 7-8 years, there's no itching or any sort of irritation, I don't feel it until I see it. What is this, how this can be cured, can you suggest any medication? Is it possible to lighten it 1 1/2 months?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Regular treatment required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same . Your problem is that of follicular hyperkeratosis which is mainly a prominence of the hair follicle openings over some areas of the body. You should start application of retino ac cream over the affected areas at night daily. Make sure you do not apply too much medicine and you do not rub it too much into the skin. Just apply a little amount and slowly rub it. In addition, you should take oral vitamin a capsules daily for two weeks. Then stop them for two weeks and again repeat the course for two weeks. You can moisturize the skin in the day time with any good moisturizers like vaseline. Since you have this problem since many years, you will have to take the treatment regularly for quite some time before it completely heals. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for follicular hyperkeratosis? 23 hours later
Thanks Doctor, Can you pl suggest any vitamin capsule, any specific time or before/after meal? Also, "retino ac cream" is cream name? If its not available with the chemist, Can you suggest any alternate cream also. Thanks again!!
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Medicines Detailed Answer: Hi again You can take capsule aquasol once a day . You can take it anytime after meals once a day. You can try for supatret 0.1 percent or tretinoin 0.1 percent cream. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for follicular hyperkeratosis? 2 minutes later
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciate the support. Thanks again!!!
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Best of health Detailed Answer: You are most welcome Wishing you speedy recovery You can follow up in case of any problems Dr Geetika Paul