What is the cause and treatment for fine cuts and redness of penis?

General Surgeon
My penis it's red and has some cuts what can I do or what treatment you recommend
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Could possibly be Balanoposthitis Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Namaste The fine cut and redness is likely to be Balanoposthitis that is inflammation of glans. Following the below will definitely help 1. Hot Seitz bath --Adding handful of common table salt in a small tub of water and sitting in it for 15minutes each time. Cleaning the area especially white secretion known as smegma is advisable. 2. Application of local Steroid ointment-- Clean and dry off the area after Seitz bath, apply local steroid ointment like Betamethasone twice daily will be helpful. Accurate diagnosis can only be made by visual inspection of location and character of lesion. I would suggest you to get back to me with clinical picture. Wishing you happy and healthy life Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Surgeon