What is the cause and treatment for ecchymosis of the eye lids?

I have a scratch under my right eye its now gotta puffy red look to it and its swollen how can i get the swelling down?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oral anti-inflammatory drugs and cold compression. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. I reviewed the history and the photo sent by you. It is ecchymosis of the eye lids because of small collection of blood in the layers of the eyelid skin. Since you are not having pain and redness of the eye the trauma is minor and no need to worry. The treatment of the condition is by applying cold compression and taking anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve the swelling. If there is pain or redness of the eyes you require evaluation to rule out infections of the glands of the eye lids or injury causing fractures of the bones... Since there is no pain or redness only oral anti-inflammatory drugs and cold compression are sufficient. Thank you
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for ecchymosis of the eye lids? 13 minutes later
what is a good antinflammatory medicine i can purchase at local walmart?
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Commonly used are diclofenac, ibuprofen... Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up I commonly use antiinflammatory drug like diclofenac sodium two times a day for treatment of swelling of eye lid. You can use the drug with your doctors advice. Cold compression along with the tablets will help will quick resolution of symptoms. Thank you