What is the cause and treatment for dry lips?

My lips is always getting dried up and it is becoming darker(blakening). And my face is oily type but now because of the climate it s becoming dry and so when I applied moisturiser pimples are coming. I have also got dandruff trouble because of the water in Coimbatore so lot of hair loss. Am currently using Dove soap and Sunsilk black shampoo. What can I do? Please advice.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Triamcinolone and noskurff Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, Dry lips usually happen due to change in weather. Actually in cold weather moisture is lost from skin and that is why it cracks. Application of white petroleum jelly (vaseline) is usually sufficient. If you are not getting relief from this you can go for Triamcinolone oral gel. Application of this on lips will retain moisture as well as reduce inflammation. However as it is a mild steroid, application should be restricted to once a day. Regarding dryness of face, non-acnegenic moisturisers are available. You can try Moisrize or Cetaphil moisturiser. You can continue with dove soap, but Sunsilk wont help in dandruff. Apply an anti fungal lotion like Noskurff on your scalp and sleep in night, Wash it off in morning. Do this every alternate day. This will give you relief from dandruff Let me know if you have any other doubt. Wishing you a good health. Thank you