What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods?
User rating for this question
i always get period in 28days cycle,this time its overdue by 4 days, UPT negative,no intercourse in previous cycle. shud i wait or take meprate?if yes,then what dose?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can wait for a week. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. You can be assured that pregnancy isn't a factor here. You have done pregnancy test and it is negative. Stress, tensions on personal or professional front, unaccustomed exercise, rapid changes in your weight, ingestion of hormonal medications, late nights, erratic eating, changes in climate or altitude, travelling - all these can interfere with your cycles. It would be good to wait for a week for the bleeding to start spontaneously. In case the bleeding is not there then you can start with Meprate 5 mg three times a day for 5 days. You will have your periods in 2-3 days after stopping the pills. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods? 7 hours later
one week more or a total of one week from expected date of menses...i mean a total of 7 or a total of 10-11 days from expected day..?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Brief Answer: A total of 11-12 days. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. You can wait for a total of 11 days from your expected date of periods. No need to worry. A cycle can be as long as 45 days also. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods? 3 hours later
one last query plz...in case i dont take meprate at all..then would the next cycle come in time...or it wont come at all without meprate?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Depends on the extent of problem. Detailed Answer: Hello. This is difficult to predict. You may not have periods for 2-3 months also if there is a major hormonal imbalance. Taking meprate will not correct the hormonal imbalance. Rather it will only help in having the periods once. Regards.
People also viewed
- What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods
- Is it normal if my scrotum itches alot
- Is excess of saliva a sign of cold in newborn baby
- Does ecophane have any effect on period
- Is frozen shoulder common during pregnancy
- What is the cause and treatment for delayed periods
- I am having irregular periodstaking folvite
- Is dizziness reduced vision and loss of balance symptoms of pulsatile tinnitus
- What is the treatment for delayed periods and pimples
- What treatment is suggested for delay in periods
- Does multivitamin affect the menstrual cycle
- Is blowing your nose too much bad
- What is the treatment for delayed and irregular periods
- Why do i feel tired during periods
- Does papeleidama gets cured after taking diamax 212 dose