What is the cause and treatment for crohns disease?

Oncologist
Question
i am a 29yo male with P/Q antibodies, currently around .24. I also recently had a CT Scan done and it showed small pockets, possibly Crohns. I had a colonoscopy and it said small ulcers in the ileum and also adematous in the colon. is this all related or separate issues. also my white blood cell count is rising...
Posted Sat, 5 Jul 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Monish De 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
inflammatory bowel disease

Detailed Answer:
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It causes inflammation of the lining of your digestive tract, which can lead to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea and even malnutrition. Inflammation caused by Crohn's disease can involve different areas of the digestive tract in different people.

The inflammation caused by Crohn's disease often spreads deep into the layers of affected bowel tissue. Like ulcerative colitis, another common IBD, Crohn's disease can be both painful and debilitating, and sometimes may lead to life-threatening complications.

While there's no known cure for Crohn's disease, therapies can greatly reduce the signs and symptoms of Crohn's disease and even bring about long-term remission. With treatment, many people with Crohn's disease are able to function well.
The CT scan and colonoscopy findings are all related.
Hope i have answered your query
DR De

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for crohns disease? 2 hours later
i guess my overall question was, I have Lambert-Eaton syndrome. how does it play a part with the bowel issue?

Answered by Dr. Monish De 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
immune system attacks the neuromuscular junction

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, also known as Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome, occurs when your immune system attacks the neuromuscular junction ,the area where your nerves and muscles connect. Normally, your nerve cells pass signals along to your muscle cells. These signals help your muscles move. Because Lambert-Eaton Syndrome affects the way your nerves and muscles communicate, the disorder can make it difficult to move your muscles as you normally would.
Your doctor may also prescribe medications to suppress your immune system or to help improve the signals between your nerve and muscle cells.

You may also undergo a treatment called plasmapheresis. This involves removing proteins from your blood that may be involved in the condition.

This syndrome has no relationship with bowel findings.

Hope i have answered your query.
If you have no more clarifications then u can close the thread.Wish u good health.
DR De