What is the cause and treatment for chronic pain in neck,shoulders,lower back and legs with cramps?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
chronic pain in my neck,shoulders lower back and the back of my legs and getting cramps in my legs
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Degenerative spondylosis & disc disease Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It seems you have degenerative spondylosis & disc disease in cervical and lumbar spine with radiculopathy. I suggest you to have MRI scan of lumbar spine to know the exact pathology. The management protocol depends on the severity of nerve compression. Temporary pain relief can be obtained by using an appropriate analgesic or muscle relaxant ,Pregabalin & methylcobalamine supplements. Consult an orthopedic surgeon for further workup and management. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care