What is the cause and treatment for chest congestion and fever?
User rating for this question
my fiance is sick . he has a deepining cough congestion and had fever all weekend. have given him delsym and XXXXXXX seltzer . breaks the fever and helps keep him from coughing as bad. he feels like crap. doctor on demand don't work here in louisiana so he can't get antibiotics without going to the doctors office . with him being the only one working he can't take off to go . can anyone help us
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Chest congestion and fever are most probably caused by a viral infection. In which case antibiotics are not needed. The person's immunity fights the viral infection and the person gets better within 2 - 3 weeks. Though bacterial infection may become super-added on viral infection. To confirm this a throat swab or sputum examination with culture and sensitivity will be required. According to the sensitivity antibiotics will be prescribed. I usually prescribe Azithromycin to my patients while waiting for the results of culture and sensitivity. Along with the medicines mentioned by you, your fiance can also take an anti-allergic like tablet cetirizine 1 tablet before sleeping for 3 or 4 days. Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for chest congestion and fever? 2 minutes later
everyone he works with has been sick and prescribed the zpack that's why I ask if y'all can do it online and call the pharmacy
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Written prescription needed Detailed Answer: Hi again Zpack is azithromycin. A prescription cannot be given online. For this he will need to visit a doctor and get a written prescription. Alternatively, you can call your physician's office, explain the circumstances and check if there is another way out. Under special circumstances an accomplice may pick the prescription. Regards Dr Vaishalee
People also viewed
- Having high fever with chest congestion medications for treatment
- Is dizziness or fainting a side effect of modafinil?
- Metrogyl 400 any good for chest infections
- How effective is banatan cream
- What is the treatment for fever blisters
- What are the side effects of pioglitazone/metformin?
- Creatine causing grey hair
- Suggest treatment for chest congestion and fever
- Is tightness in the chest a side effect of remicade?
- I fell on my hip and now it pops
- What is the treatment for chest painweakness and fever
- What is the treatment for fever in a child
- Single turn of umbilical cord around the neck of the baby in pregnancy
- Is dry cough a side effect of prevacid naprapac 500?
- Is pounding in the ears a side effect of prednisone?