What is the cause and treatment for brown and black worms in toilet?

Worms appear in the toilet. (I wouldn't notice except the toilet is often sluggish.) This is been occurring for about three weeks. I suspect that I ate contaminated food (salads). The worms are brown or black about 3/8 inches long. These do not appear to be pin worms. I have no symptoms so far. Can you find any pictures of small roundworms on the internet? I can't. (Why are these pictures so hard to find? Is there a doctor's conspiracy to withhold information in this and other areas? HA! HA! May be. Can't find simple answers for other questions.) I don't want to go to the doctor with *crap in hand. Nor do I want to go to the doctor's office and *crap. isn't my description enough? Is the worm medicine so harmful that I wouldn't want to take it? The internet advertises worm medicine for $150 or LOTS OF BUCKS. Is that stuff any good?
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please follow the suggestions below.. Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have seen worms in the toilet, could you please send any photo of them if any? Next, you can take OTC anti-worm drugs such as albendazole or mebendazole for three days. Keep good hygiene when preparing foods and wash your hands after going to the bathroom. It is good that you do not have any symptoms, but you should be cured to prevent the infection spreading to others (family, friends,community,etc.). At the end, try the hygienic measures and OTC anti-worm drugs, then, can go for other choices. Wish you health! Feel free to ask me other questions at the next follow up! Dr.Klerida