What is the cause and treatment for breast pain?
User rating for this question
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Premenstrual, Elevated prolactin, Fibrous prolifer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Breast pain can occur due to many causes. Among the drugs prescribed to you, Primosa helps in decreasing the breast pain due to premenstrual hormonal disturbances. Pyricontine helps in reducing the prolactin levels. Sometimes elevated prolactin levels can lead to breast pain etc. Evion helps in reducing the fibrous proliferation in the breast. You didn't mention what was your exact sonomammography report. As some lumps are noted in it, if your doctor recommends go for fine needle aspiration biopsy. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for breast pain? 52 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vitamin E capsules Detailed Answer: Hi, Evion is vitamin E capsule. By taking for one month that can decrease the fibrosis to some extent. But it may not completely cure the problem. Fibroadenosis is not a serious problem but regular followup is needed. You can: -Take anti inflammatory and analgesic drugs for shorter period to decrease the pain. -If the pain persists and size of the breast increases after one month, better to go for FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology). -Exercise and yoga can help in regulating the hormonal levels and may help in receiving the pain. Take care.
People also viewed
- What is the cause and treatment for breast pain
- How to use dettol to confirn pregnancy
- Painful spot in groin after ivf
- What helps breast pain
- Treatment for breast pain
- Throbbing in groin after oopherctomy
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome raynaud's connection
- Tubes are tied almost 2 weeks late should i be concerned
- Grommet left in knee after surgery
- Groin pain after squatting
- What treatment should be taken for breast pain
- Consequences of sleeping with a tampon
- Gripe water after hysterectomy
- Treatment and cure for breast pain
- What should be the follicle size for conception