What is the cause and treatment for breast pain?

May 2013
I have been suffering from breast pain for the last few months. my gynae has advised me to take primosa 1000mg twice, with pyrocortine once and evil 400 mg one..This needs to be taken for a month..what exactly could be the problem?..
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Premenstrual, Elevated prolactin, Fibrous prolifer Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Breast pain can occur due to many causes. Among the drugs prescribed to you, Primosa helps in decreasing the breast pain due to premenstrual hormonal disturbances. Pyricontine helps in reducing the prolactin levels. Sometimes elevated prolactin levels can lead to breast pain etc. Evion helps in reducing the fibrous proliferation in the breast. You didn't mention what was your exact sonomammography report. As some lumps are noted in it, if your doctor recommends go for fine needle aspiration biopsy. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the response, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for breast pain? 52 minutes later
Thank you for the ultrasound said it's fibroadenosis in both breasts.will it be completely cured with these medications? ..also I have put on some 10 kgs since April which is when I started having these pains in addition to body ache and low BP. Will regular workouts and yoga help ?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vitamin E capsules Detailed Answer: Hi, Evion is vitamin E capsule. By taking for one month that can decrease the fibrosis to some extent. But it may not completely cure the problem. Fibroadenosis is not a serious problem but regular followup is needed. You can: -Take anti inflammatory and analgesic drugs for shorter period to decrease the pain. -If the pain persists and size of the breast increases after one month, better to go for FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology). -Exercise and yoga can help in regulating the hormonal levels and may help in receiving the pain. Take care.