What is the cause and treatment for asthma attacks?

Question
I am recovering from an asthma attack last week. I was put on steroids and a inhaler plus the recover inhaler. This week coughing, vomiting has stopped. Today I felt so good I started cleaning house since it is my only day off. This afternoon I felt like I hit a XXXXXXX wall. So tired unable to move. Bp and heart rate seems normal. I am 60 and very new to asthma. Is this just part of the healing process. Did I push myself to much. I did not even take a day off to recover. Should I just stay in bed so the coughing does not return? Thanks
Posted Thu, 19 Feb 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO, Staying active helps with recovery!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

You did nothing wrong and should not be afraid. Staying active is a good way to hasten recovery from illness. Continue and work as much as the body tolerates. There is no point in stopping to do work simply because you were sick and afraid of a relapse. This is not one of those possible diseases that requires absolute bed rest.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.