What is the cause and treatment for asthma attacks?

Diabetologist
Question
I am recovering from an asthma attack last week. I was put on steroids and a inhaler plus the recover inhaler. This week coughing, vomiting has stopped. Today I felt so good I started cleaning house since it is my only day off. This afternoon I felt like I hit a XXXXXXX wall. So tired unable to move. Bp and heart rate seems normal. I am 60 and very new to asthma. Is this just part of the healing process. Did I push myself to much. I did not even take a day off to recover. Should I just stay in bed so the coughing does not return? Thanks
Posted Thu, 19 Feb 2015 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stay off dust

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal. I have read your query. I think I would be able to help you.

The fact remains that the asthma attacks are often due to allergies. You have had an episode which means your lungs may still be raw even if recovering.

By cleaning too much, you have probably exposed yourself to dust again and therefore triggered the acute episode again.

I suggest you stay off such activities for some more time. Continue your medicines and you should be ok

I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal.