What is the cause and treatment for acute sinusitis?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
I have had a tickly cough for a few days. I have recovered from te flu around 3 weeks ago. I dont smoke either. Its a tickly cough that seems to bring no phelm up. It feels like there is phelm there. It seems worst when i lie down. What could this be? I am a very anxious person and suffer from panic attacks. Pls reasure me tell me what to do! Many thanks! I have asked for a ENT to answer my question pls.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Acute sinusitis Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query and medical history; it suggests that you may be suffering from the acute sinusitis. For your kind information---> 1. Acute sinusitis can cause a drip down the back of your throat (tickly cough) which irritates your upper airways, especially when you lie down. 2. For Clear cut diagnosis you may go for the Anterior rhinoscopy, Posterior rhinoscopy, Nasal endoscopy and CT scan Paranasal Sinus. 3.Treatments for sinusitis vary depending on how long you've had it, how severe your symptoms are and whether you have polyps in your sinuses. Allergies like hay fever and rhinitis can be treated with nasal sprays, antihistamine tablets and lifestyle modifications. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for acute sinusitis? 6 hours later
So is there anything to worry about? Anything i can take to get rid of this?

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up query. I do not find any reasons to be worried. If the cough is troubling you, I would suggest you to try steam inhalation. If it is still bothering you, you may use benadryl syrup for few days. With or without treating, you should soon start to feel better. Wish you good health

Follow-up: What is the cause and treatment for acute sinusitis? 7 minutes later
Thanks doctor.

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, You are most welcome. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query

So there is nothing to worry about?

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through query. For your kind information, there is no need to worry about this disease. Thanks