What is the cause and treatment for acid reflux?
User rating for this question
I have acid reflux. acid comes up when I'm sleep an I awake chocking can't breath undiejusted food comes up also all most to the point of aspirating what else can it. be what should I do worried.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Brief Answer: It can be reflux,stricture, hernia or mass. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks ffor the query. Though reflux is commonest cause for such symptoms , there are other causes which can present like this or lead to reflux. Such causes are ,stricture, hernia , diverticulum or esophageal mass. Since there are chances of aspiration , one needs to worry about this.Also this can lead o esophagitis. Ideal step would be to get this investigated first with barium swallow and endoscopy. After that appropriate treatment can be planned. Meanwhile smaller meals, avoiding sleeping immediately after meals, post meal walk, drinking less water with meals and anti-emetic drugs can help. So I would suggest to see a gastroentrologist and get investigations done. Hope this helps.Regards.
People also viewed
- Horrible pain and bloating post hysterectomy
- Starbucks for acid reflux people
- Herpis and stomach bloat
- Bloated and stomache pain increased urination
- Can pineapple subdue acid reflux
- What is the best treatment for acid reflux
- Home remedies for testicular pain and bloating
- Repeated stomach bloating and headache
- What causes acid reflux disease
- What is the treatment for acid reflux and constipation
- What is the cause and treatment for acid reflux
- Acide reflux and peeing
- What can cause acid reflux
- Paragard and acid reflux
- Acid reflux testicular pan