What is the cause and is there a treatment for recurring spots on same cheek?

What is the cause and is there a treatment for reoccurring spots on the same cheek, that I have had for the last 18 months?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Recurring spots can be due to various reasons as vitamin deficiency,sun burn,Pityriasis alba (it is a skin condition and cause is unknown but it usually resolves by itself),freckles,hormonal imbalance, age spots, etc.

Most of the spots are harmless and usually resolve by themselves in time.

Some measures you can follow:
1)Soak some alomnds overnight in water and in the morning after peeling them off grind in mixer and make a paste with honey.Apply this twice daily.

2)You can also directly apply Aloe vera gel which has very good antiinflammatory properties.

3)Once a week rub lightly watermelon or papaya peel.

4)Always apply sunscreen before steeping out in the sun.

5)You can include more of fruits and salads in diet.

Most of the spots disappear on their own.If there are any other symptoms as itching,changes in size,shape and consistency consider visiting a Dermatologist for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.