What is the cause and cure for flaky stool and constipation?
User rating for this question
I've been experiencing flaky stool for the past two weeks and constipation.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dehydration Detailed Answer: Hello Flaky stools and constipation is a sign that you are not drinking enough water and not eating enough of fiber. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day 2. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits daily. 3. Stool softeners like lactulose 10 ml at night helps with your bowel movement 4. Avoid eating spicy food items, oily food items, milk and milk products I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health Regards
Follow-up: What is the cause and cure for flaky stool and constipation? 25 minutes later
I'm currently taking Amitza 24mcg twice daily and was fine until the past two weeks, but I must admit that I haven't been watch my diet, so I will take your advice and go back to eating more fruits and leafy vegetables. Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: continue Amitza Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the reply I am happy you are taking my suggestion into consideration, it will definitely help. Continue taking the current medications Regards
Follow-up: What is the cause and cure for flaky stool and constipation? 17 minutes later
Should I also watch the amount of sodium I do take Levothyroxin for my Thyroid? What would be a safe amount each day?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Low salt diet Detailed Answer: Hello All patients of heart disease are adviced a low salt diet. Please restrict your total salt intake to 3g/day. But I should add here that since you are also taking hydrocholorothiazide for hypertension there are risks for sodium to become lower than normal. Get your electrolytes checked once in 6 weeks Continue talking the thyroid medication as advised I hope I was of help Regards
People also viewed
- Mucus in stool constipation cure
- Cabbage and bowel movements
- Influenza black stool
- Bowel movements that smell like cabbage
- Feeling like cant empty bowels
- Burning bowel movements that burn skin
- Is there any side effect being injected by anti rabbies
- In how long time will we know result of liv 52 in fatty liver
- What is the cure for constant bloating and constipation
- Is it common to have heart attack while on the toilet
- What is the permanent cure for constipation
- Is excessive thirst a sign of gestational diabetes
- Bowel pressure gas buttocks pain down leg
- What is the cure for constipation in children
- What are the suggestions to cure constipation