What is the best way to to treat hearing problem in old age person?

ENT Specialist
is old age person above 80 years old is not able to hear unless if we shout, what could be done in this case
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Digital Hearing AID Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query. It suggests that above 80 years old male is suffering from the sensorineural hearing loss. For this he/she may go for the digital hearing aid after pure tone audiometry and selecting the hearing aid by error and trial method. But to reach the near diagnosis and exclusion of the other disease he/she may go for 1. Ear examination and tuning fork test by the ENT Specialist. 2. Pure tone audiometry for type of hearing loss and degree of hearing loss. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query. Wish you good health.