What is the best way to stop using Stilnox?

hi i lave tailk stilnox for 5 years and i what to stop
what is the best way for this plz help XXXXXXX j
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 1 hour later
Hi Ohana
If you suddenly stop using this medicationwithdrawal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, flushing, stomach cramps, nervousness, shakiness may occur. To prevent withdrawal reactions, your doctor will reduce your dose gradually.
You may have trouble sleeping the first few nights after you stop taking this medication. This is called rebound insomnia and is normal. It will usually go away after 1-2 nights.You have to consult your doctor if problem persists.
The best way to stop this medicine is to do so under the guidance of your doctor who will reduce the dose gradually&finally stops it.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Wish you Good Health.