What is the best treatment for dandruff and flakes in head?
User rating for this question
I am getting dandruff/tiny flakes sort of things in my head. even after daily hairwash. usually it comes on every winter. when ever I comb my hair, it just get collected on comb. I just feel embarrassed sometime. I do apply coconut hairoil sometimes on my scalp. but there is no help. Please suggest. living in delhi, India.
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: dandruff or scalp psoriasis. Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing here.Tiny flakes can be due to dandruff.It is a fungal infection.Using antidandruff shampoos like ketoconazole twice weekly will reduce dandruff and scales.Use it on regular basis.Other diagnosis is scalp psoriasis.This will require treatment under the guidance of a dermatologist.So I will advise you to start using ketoconazole shampoo for 2 to 3 weeks and see for improvement.In case there is no response consult a dermatologist.Hope this will help you.Take care.
People also viewed
- Cause of fever after car accident
- Blood in urine after car accident
- Shaved head for dandruff treatment
- Miconazole nitrate for babies
- Body feels itchy after car accident
- What is the best treatment for dandruff
- What is the treatment for acne and dandruff
- Moles 9 month old baby
- Natural treatment for dandruff flakes
- Baby lotion for wound
- Blood blister on leg after accident
- Jaw cramp after car accident
- What is the treatment for dandruff problem
- Why is my babys lips turning red
- Baby quivering lower lip