What is the best treatment for burning and painful stomach caused by hernia?

I have 2 hernias 1 in groin and left side of stomach im waiting to see surgeon but my stomach feels like its burning inside and very painful
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 12 minutes later
Hi I read your concerns very carefully and you should go directly to the ER because incarcerated hernia is a medical emergency.
Follow-up: What is the best treatment for burning and painful stomach caused by hernia? 10 minutes later
The pain is on and off but the burning is there all the time and i havent emptied my bowels for 3 days
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Go to ER as soon as possible... Detailed Answer: Hi, If the pain is on and off, it means that hernia is moving following the movements of bowels. Being constipated and burning sensation is worrisome as it might indicate any obstacle to emptying the bowels. Therefore, I strongly suggest to go to ER immediately to get treatment as soon as possible. If you wait for the appointment with surgeon, it will be too late as progressive damages could derive including incarceration of hernia. All the best! Dr.Benard