What is the best treatment for bone bruising?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Could you tell me the treatment for Bone bruising and should elevate my leg and rest
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 23 hours later
Brief Answer: You should give proper rest Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The best way to heal a bone bruise is to allow your body to do its job the best it can. This means avoiding strenuous activities that can "re-bruise" your bone. The treatment of a bone bruise consists of rest and precaution. The affected area should be avoided to bear repetitive or strong loads. Bone bruise required strict non weight wearing on the injured leg for at least 4-6 weeks. So you should give proper rest to your leg to treat bone bruise. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care