What is the best test to detect HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi I had an oral sex, and i was wondering what is the best test for HIV to do in 5 weeks from exposure, and would it be a conclusion for me because I had low risk ?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Oralsex low risk.Antigentest after 4weeks reliable Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting query. Oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV compared to anal and vaginal sex. HIV antigen tests (HIV DNA PCR, P24 Antigen test, 3rd or 4th generation COMBO/DUO) are quite reliable and conclusive one after 4 weeks. Dr S.Murugan